Denbigh Male Choir approached us to create a new site to replace their old outdated one.T
Their old site had several opportunities for improvement.
- The design was not responsive, so it was hard to navigate on mobile devices.
- The navigation and menus had grown over the years. There were too many items in the menus and it was confusing.
- It was impossible for choir members to update the site themselves.
- The site was not updated very often, and so always felt “out of date”.
So, we rebuilt the site from scratch!
The new site is built on WordPress, using the Genesis framework and the Outreach Pro theme.
It’s fully responsive and helps visitors quickly find what they’re looking for.
We sat down with the choir committee and talked through what was most important to them, not only in terms of tidying up and presenting their older content in a more logical and accessible way, but thinking about their core goals and what they wanted the site to achieve for them.
- Upcoming Concert date listings
- Booking the choir for an event
- Selling the choir’s music
- Sharing news via a blog
- Information to encourage new members to join.
All of this, and more, was achieved and the choir are going from strength to strength, and loving their new site.
They now have a small sub-group of choir members who contribute to the blog, ensuring that their site is always up to date. They now receive many more requests for wedding bookings than they can actually physically deliver, such is the success of the site.